First up on the ‘hit list’, is this poor baby blanket. Last time (way back in February of last year!!!) this is where I was up to with the huge number of French knots required to finish off the sheep!
Unfortunately, there hasn’t been a lot of progress. (Hopefully that will have changed next time!).
I’ve run into a problem in that I’m really struggling to source more of this particular thread. It is a Gloriana Thread – Lorikeet stranded wool. It is absolutely beautiful wool, it is so soft! The only place I can find it online is in the States, and it would have to be a special order, so the cost is rather large. I have some Gumnut Yarn thread which is a similar ‘softness’, so my first step will be to try and fill in the gaps with that. The time I used Renaissance Threads I quite liked them too, so if they are easier to source, they might be the ones I go with. If anyone knows of someone who might source the Gloriana Lorikeet thread in the UK please let me know!
The other thing I have noticed with this piece is the difference time makes to my stitching. There is a rather distinct ‘line’ that has appeared between my previous French knots and the ones I have just worked. I have obviously been doing a lot more stitching, so on the whole, my stitching is a lot neater. I just wish it wasn’t so obvious! I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do, or even can do, about this, but it is certainly something to be aware of for any other projects that are lurking around!
This is unfortunately not a very exciting project to write on, so it is perfect for this SAL – see you in three weeks with hopefully some progress!
Please also take a look to see what everyone else is working on. This is a very talented group producing beautiful work!